Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Bad videogame movies

Maybe Joe the Plumber is the third Mario Brother?
_________________________

Time Magazine came up with the ten worst videogames turned movies.

(http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1851626_1851846,00.html)

Here are some I fully agree with.

Wing Commander: Given that I’m a Sci-fi fan, I rented this piece of crap. I could barely make it through the entire movie. Stick with the actual videogame cut scenes instead of the movie. When you go from Wing Commander to writing for the WWE, you’re Freddie Prinze Jr.

Resident Evil: Apocalypse: This is the second in the film series and isn’t that bad. Actually, I found it very enjoyable. I just didn’t like that they reconned RE2 and RE3 into the movie. The first movie could have easily fit into the videogame continuity, but the second just is a re-telling of RE 2 & 3. I understand why Time has it on the list.

Double Dragon: Most people forget about this game/movie and for good reasons too. It stinks, and it kind of reminds me of the Dragon Ball Z movie coming out soon. BTW, I can’t count how many “Double Dragon” Chinese restaurants I’ve come across.

Street Fighter: This movie is so bad that I’m actively trying to forget it.

Super Mario Bros.: Who can blame Nintendo for whoring out their biggest franchise? I can… Then again, I’m sure Sega would have done a live action Sonic the Hedgehog if they could. Imagine how that that would be?

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47